Unit 3 Prepare for Showcase

Since the showcase can only have a maximum of five images, I need to divide what I’ve already done into five parts.

I continued to use the bright color scheme in the poster, hoping that it would grab the audience’s attention and create a positive feeling.

No.1

Based on the original poster, I made the slogan in the shape of a ribbon and added a small pair of scissors to convey the theme of “combat body-shaming”.

No.2

The subject of this one is “Beauty is not a size”. There are 2 body types: plus-size and skinny along with the corset pattern.

N0.3

This image contains three body elements – skin tone, striae, and tattoo – to convey the theme “Your body is not wrong, society is.” Everybody is beautiful and we don’t need to care what others think.

N0.4

I used Photoshop to simulate how the posters would look on the side of the road, keeping only the three posters with the highest scores from stakeholders. Then I added a passing figure of a Chinese woman to create a more realistic visual effect.

N0.5

As a final conclusion, I used the poster of “self cheers” and “high fives” to express my hope to help young Chinese women to improve body acceptance through my intervention.